Kill Mange Mites On Bedding
How to Kill Mange Mites and Fleas on Carpets, Couches, Mattresses, Clothing and Linens
With the organic craze sweeping the nation, more and more people wonder how to kill fleas and mange mites on fabrics naturally, and for good reason. In February of 2011, USA Today ran an article titled “Exposure to Pesticides in Womb Linked to Learning Disabilities.” The study focused on peremethrin, a chemical commonly used to battle household pests. As disturbing as this sounds, the topic is nothing new. Scores of scientific studies have linked chemical pesticides to neurological disorders, breast cancer and birth defects in children living near farms where chemicals are sprayed.
Sadly, humans aren’t the only victims of chemical exposure. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, products intended to treat cats and dogs for fleas and mites kill hundreds of pets each year and injure tens of thousands. In a separate investigation conducted by ABC World News, traditional spot drop flea and tick medicines were found to cause more than 44,000 severe reactions in a single year, including seizures and 1,200 deaths.
Powerfully scented essential oils are the organic method of choice to treat mites that infest humans and pets. However, such oils are known to stain fabrics and furniture. Furthermore, essential oils are extremely expensive. Tiny bottles typically sell for around $10, and you’ll need much more than an ounce to treat carpets, beds and furniture effectively.
The supreme advantage of cedar oil is that it can be purchased by the gallon for far less money than it would cost to buy treatments such as lemon eucalyptus or tea tree oil. Furthermore, we offer ultra filtered formulas that don’t stain!
What Makes Our Organic Cedar Oil Formula Powerful and Unique?
- Can be used as a direct hit spray to destroy common household insects you see!
- Erodes the exoskeleton of insects that crawl through treated areas, contributing to the early demise of insects you don’t see.
- Repels a wide variety of insects and discourages new insects from moving into treated territory for up to a month.
- Dissolves eggs on contact, but not by proximity. In other words, eggs must come in contact with the formula, not just the vapors.
- Won’t stain carpets, bedding or furniture because it’s steam distilled in small batches to remove impurities.
- Spreads nicely over wide areas because it’s not mixed with water. (Our formula contains a special organic solvent that helps it stay mixed. Normally, oil and water will always separate, producing very uneven results when distributed over wide areas. That’s why it’s so difficult to treat wide surfaces with essential oils that are sold in tiny bottles at health stores.)
- Can be applied directly to humans, dogs and horses.
- Is endorsed by Animal Wellness Magazine as a safe alternative to dangerous chemical and spot drop flea treatments, which shorten life spans and cause SEVERE reactions in more than 44,000 animals each year. Read more…
- Is used by housing authorities across the country against bedbugs because these hearty parasites have an uncanny ability to develop resistance to chemical pesticides.
Are Mange Mites Contagious to Humans?
Three types of mites cause mange in dogs. Sarcoptic and Cheyletiella mites are highly contagious to humans and other animals. Both can live comfortably on humans for long periods of time. Demodex mites can be passed to nursing offspring, but they aren’t considered to be highly contagious to humans or other animals in the home, except in cases where the immune system is compromised. To learn more about this topic, see our main article on mange mites.